You know those parts of fantasy books where the characters sit down and have character development, talk about their world’s philosophy, exposit stuff to make the fantasy world more rich, etc? And if you’re not careful, the plot just GRRIIIINNNDDDS to a halt and loses all its momentum?
Now imagine a book that is 96% like that.
Yes, Voyage of the Fox Rider is probably the dullest book that Dennis McKiernan has written… no wait, scratch that, the Hel’s Crucible Duology is even worse. This is also the one that introduces the Elf Stu named Aravan, and a Hidden One who will make you want to keelhaul yourself rather than listen to any more of her being “feisty.”
Set sail, my snarkers. There be stormy seas ahead!
- The Voyage of the Fox Rider Foreword
- The Voyage of the Fox Rider Notes
- The Voyage of the Fox Rider Chapter 1
- The Voyage of the Fox Rider Chapter 2
- The Voyage of the Fox Rider Chapter 3